Every year on the eighth day of the Krishna Paksha of Bhadrapada month is celebrated as Krishna Janmashtami. While every year it is celebrated with great pomp and show, this time Janmashtami that falls on August 12 will have to celebrate at home dure to COVID-19 pandemic. The birth anniversary of Lord Krishna is celebrated when he, the eighth avatar of Vishnu was born in the yoga of Ashtami and Rohini Nakshatra. On Janmashtami people worship the baby form of Kanha ji as Bal Gopal. The festival is also celebrated in children’s schools. On the occasion of Janmashtami, students are asked to dress as Krishna and Radha for the ceremony to be held in the school. And if you are a parent who wants to dress their kids as either Radha or Krisha, let us help you with easy ways you can dress your kids for Janmashtami.
How To Get Kids Dressed as Krishna
- Laddu Gopal Poshak (Dress): To make your child Krishna, first select his dress. For this, buy a yellow stripe or scarf. Also, take a yellow dhoti. You can use a cotton or silk plane or embroidery dhoti as per your choice.
- Krishna Crown: After that, you buy a crown for Krishna’s full dress up. You can get a metal or cardboard crown as per your choice. If you want, you can also buy turban with embroidery and stonework instead of the crown.
- Krishna Accessories: For Krishna getup with clothes, accessories, ie garland, necklace, coil, hand bracelets, armlets must be taken. Do not forget to apply tilak on the forehead while preparing the baby Kanha. You can also select the necklace according to the age of the child.
- Makeup: Finally, put light makeup on your Kanha’s face, in which you make his cheeks and lips light red. After this, give him a lovely flute in his hand. Simultaneously, make him sit near a Makki matki.
Little Krishna Get Up For Janmashtami (Watch Tutorial Video):
How To Get Kids Dressed as Radha
- If your daughter is playing the role of Radha and she has a kilt, then you can wear it as well. If the lehenga is simple then it can be given a heavy look by taking a heavy sardon on it.
- While preparing, put the hands in the hands of children.
- Rub the foundation well on the face.
- After that, do not forget to apply eyeliner and mascara on the eyes. Applying the liner slightly thicker and longer will make the eyes look more beautiful.
- Apply rouge and shimmer on the cheeks.
- Must apply vaccine on the forehead.
- Apply red coloured lipstick on the lips.
- Radha’s hair can be decorated with flowers aka gajra.
Little Radha Get Up For Janmashtami (Watch Tutorial Video):
Happy Krishna Janmashtami, also known as Gokul Ashtami! Please don’t let your children go out on this day because of the deadly coronavirus infection. You can dress your kids at home, click pics and share on social media.
(The above story first appeared on Fool’s Corner on Aug 08, 2020 06:44 PM IST. For more news and updates on politics, world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, log on to our website foolscorner.com).