NineSigma, representing a global manufacturer, seeks technologies that can prevent protein adsorption and/or bacterial propagation on the surface of a medical device that comes in contact with internal parts of the human body. The Client expects to receive a wide range of proposals, including surface coatings and treatment of the device, as well as technologies related to materials that achieve the expected function in combination with a component of the device surface.
Details of medical device that comes in contact with internal parts of the body
(1) Resin: Fluorine resin, rubber, silicone, etc.
(2) Metal: Stainless steel, etc.
(1) Resin: A tubular shape 4 mm in external diameter, 3 mm in internal diameter, and 2 m in length. The adhesion of protein and/or propagation of bacteria must be prevented on the inner surface as well
(2) Metal: A cylindrical shape 10 mm in external diameter and 20 mm in length
- The time during which the device has contact with internal parts of the body: ≤24 hours
○ Unlike a catheter or stent, the device is not permanently placed in the body
- The device is cleaned by wiping with a gauze using ethanol for disinfection before every use
Submissions to this Challenge must be received by Oct 14, 2020.